Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm sitting in Nashville, Tennesse in a hotel room. My journey begins!

The shadows are long, I have cowboy boots on. I am a cowgirl at night. Tonight, I will swear by the luminescent light of the cowgirl moon...

Dear Asheville,

It's so cliche but true: all good things must come to an end, and Asheville, my dear, it's time for me to leave you.

My greatest triumphs and tragedies, my scars and secrets, are nestled among your valleys and peaks. Your mountains have stood guard over my like the mother I miss, and it's time for this child to leave.

Thomas Wolfe believed a person could not go home again. I believe it is a matter of whether you will rather than if you can. Maybe the real truth is we never actually leave home because we carry our homes in our hearts. I will take you west with me.

This is a beautiful place to be from, rich with texture and history. Asheville, you have fostered an independence in me that allows me to step forward to leap into whatever, where ever is next.

Your mountains, full of magic and mystery, have nurtured my soul and spirit. I am ready!

on the iPod: Wonderin', Widespread Panic

4 comments:

  1. Go west and conquer my friend. When you are ready we will be here. I am so very proud of you for what you are doing and the person you are. Take care of you!
    Love you
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best girl, have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AwESOME!!!I can't wait to hear more. This is going to be great. You are going to have a trip of a lifetime. There is so much for you out there to expercience. You deserve to be set free and BECOME.......

    Peace & Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, home is where your heart is. From a girl who still claims to not have a home, I agree with you exponentially.

    ReplyDelete