...I prefer to call it free spirited. It's part of being a gypsy, picking up and going. I'm very comfortable with it, but it makes people nervous. They don't understand the need to roam. I love it. I never know what's going to happen next. This used to really bother me, but as I embrace who I truly am more and more, it bothers me less and less.
A synopsis of the conversation I had with Bean on Sunday:
"Okay, I need to tell you something and I need you to let me tell you the whole thing before you say a word, okay?"
(Laughter on the other end of the phone.)
"So, I AM coming to see you, but now, if it's okay, I'm coming July 22 or 23. The thing is, I was talking to Michele and next thing you know she is coming to see me July 8 and we're going to have adventures and so since I have to take her back to the airport on July 22, I thought that would be a perfect time to come see you and not have to rush and be able to use your place as home base. I knew once I got there, we'd start having a big time, and then every time I tried to leave, you'd just get me drunk the night before, knowing good and damn well I won't drive with a hangover and I know this would continue every night, maybe forever, so I had to do something for this to all work."
(Laughter on the other end of the phone.)
"Also, I had to wait until I got far enough away before I called you so that you couldn't talk me into coming to the Northwest right now."
"How far did you go before you called me?"
"Albuquerque. I had to get two states away to be safe."
I am back. I am home. It feels good.
I've made trips across the country several times. Usually when I'm having to hurry back East, though, it's because I stayed an extra day somewhere out West and now I have to hurry to get back. This time, I was hurrying to get home. I was just ready to get settled in, have a home base, see my friends, start my life in Myrtle Beach. When you're ready to write a chapter, you just have to get to it. This is a new chapter. I had to get started.
Of course, there are still gypsy adventures to be had, and there are still stories to tell you. But right now, I'm writing this while I'm sitting on my bed, surrounded by the chaos of The Move, Part One. It feels so wonderful! And I promise pictures, finally, too.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment