Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm just a visitor here...

Today I went back to Palo Duro Canyon. It was early. The sun was lazily warming the canyon instead of scorching it. The breeze felt good. Even the damn flies were at bay. Conditions were optimal for riding success. It was gorgeous, and challenging, and fast. I felt like a bad ass. So much so that I thought I would take my bad ass self down an additional trail. I was sailing along, admiring the beauty of the canyon, taking in all the scenery and then, I met a resident of the canyon. Hello, MR. RATTLESNAKE. Nice to see you sunning yourself out here in the middle of the trail. What's that? You're going to stay right there and not move? Awesome! This is your house, I am just a visitor. No need to worry, he didn't acknowledge my presence, and I had no problem turning myself around. God knows I haven't been good enough to go around picking up snakes safely. :)

Today I also did one of my favorite drives in the whole wide world...the drive from Amarillo to Albuquerque. It is beautiful and pristine. I love the moment you leave Texas and see Exit 0 (more on that later) and you enter New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment. It is a stark difference and I love the magic that you can see from the moment you enter the state, even though it is only one mile from the Texas state line. This is always the moment I feel I'm officially out West. I love it every single time.

I have other stories to tell, but I am whipped tonight boys and girls. Stay tuned for tomorrow's installment. Thank you for your support and good wishes. I can feel that good energy and I really appreciate it!

on the iPod: Outfit, Drive by Truckers

No comments:

Post a Comment