Every day is a diamond, no day is a stone...sometimes, it's just harder to see the diamond shine. Today I had a bad day on the bike. Bette ran perfectly. My body was hydrated, rested, felt fine. But mentally, I was battling. If I was a ball player, I would have been throwing grapefruits. But still...it's Thursday, and I was on my bike and really, can a day on the bike be bad? I think not, I'll just shift gears and take an elevator ride down to the pool! :)
I await the next leg of my trip, onward to the Pacific Northwest. I realized today that I have so much more to say about this trip, about what it's meant to me, what it means about my life, but I want to take a little more time to think about all of that and I've decided to continue this blog into the future. I started it intending to end it at the conclusion of my trip but I still have something to say, and to quote Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer, I have the microphone and you will listen to every damn word I say!!!!!
This One's For Neil
So I was in Utah, leaving for Las Vegas, feeling pretty successful that my visit to Utah did not feature any Mormon shennanigans this time. I was cruising down the road, looking forward to Dirty Vegas and I had to go to the restroom. And what to my wondering eyes should appear but a sign informing me the next exit would provide me restroom facilities. We've all stopped at a rest area, right? Well, I got off the exit, and instead of the rest area being on that side, I had to cross a bridge, go down two streets, climb up a hill and ten minutes later I arrived at the "rest area." Yes, it's state maintained. The Mormons have managed to make going to the bathroom a lot of extra, unnecessary work. I'm pretty sure that's not what Jesus intended. What Jesus intended was for me to see a beer called Polygamy Porter...When One Just Isn't Enough. I heart Utah!
on the iPod: Gypsy, Fleetwood Mac
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment