Tuesday, June 16, 2009

...but on a horse with a name

So, Moab. Yesterday I did a hike up to Corona Arch/Bowtie Arch...and hiked all along slickrock beds. Millions of years permeate those rocks and I was humbled as I was surrounded by the tall rock guardians of the desert. The desert looks like nothing to a lot of people, but it holds secrets and truth and keeps a journal for the Earth's years. The spirituality here emanates.

I also got to mark something off my Life List...I rode my bike through Arches National Park last evening. It's so hot here, I had to wait until early evening to start. I have been to Arches several times, and it is one of my favorite places on earth. To see it, on Bette...friends, it was an amazing feeling. I watched the sun melt down below the rock formations and imagined the sleeping giants waking to begin their work. I'd never been to Arches this late and it was awe-inspiring. I'm so happy I got the opportunity to do that ride. I rode thru the desert on my Bette. Sa-weeeeeeet!

I'm on the fence right now about what, exactly, will be next. I know I'm due in Dirty Vegas to put some demons to rest in Boulder City and out towards Red Rock Canyon. I don't know how much riding I want to do here, and I still have the Pac Northwest/Canada coming up. And another factor I didn't anticipate reared its ugly head the last few days...I am really looking forward to going home. And no, I don't mean home to Asheville, I mean home to my new home. For those of you that don't know, I am moving to Myrtle Beach and I will be living with my Rock Star room mate, Wimberly (Hi Rock Star!). I don't know yet if this will be the Final Move as I'm still auditioning places, still considering options, but it is so nice to have a home for the immediate future, a safe place to gather myself together for whatever is next.

on the iPod: Down by the Water, PJ Harvey

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!!! That is what came to my mind while reading your blog today. AMAZING!! In so many ways.. I am alittle big eyed but you kmow why in more ways than one. Well we all miss you here but take your time do what you have to do and we will always be here when you get back.

    Peace & Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. MB How fun. Only 2 hours from me. The trip sounds amazing in more ways than one. What peace. I can just picture all the things you have been writing about as if I am there with you. The calm of the sunset the push of a ride. Thank you so much for sharing. Its great to hear from you. Much love and Peace.

    ReplyDelete